August 06, 2018, Delhi, India
Seminar in Delhi –Free Counseling and Guidance on Medical Education Abroad, On-Spot Applications for Medical Program & More!
Education Abroad, a leading consultancy in India for medical education abroad, organized a grand seminar in Delhi on August 5, 2018, in collaboration with leading medical universities in the Caribbean region including:
- Bridgetown International University, School of Medicine;
- Lincoln American University, School of Medicine; and
- Victoria University of Barbados, School of Medicine.
The seminar was organized to provide aspiring doctors in India an opportunity to get free counseling and guidance and explore various options to study medicine in foreign countries.
Among other dignitaries, the seminar was graced by:
- Mr. Ronald Jones, Vice-Chancellor of Bridgetown International University and Former Minister of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, Barbados;
- Air Marshal (Dr) Pawan Kapoor, AVSM, VSM, and BAR (Retd), Former Director General of Medical Services (IAF), Vice Chancellor of Lincoln American University;
- Dr. Dinesh Singla, Dean of Lincoln American University; and
- Captain A.L. Narayan, Registrar of Victoria University of Barbados.
In the seminar, hundreds of students and parents participated to reap the benefit of the opportunity. On occasion, veteran medical professionals shared their experiences and motivated and guided the medical aspirants with positivities of pursuing a career in medicine.
The interactive session of the seminar was an excellent opportunity for students and guardians alike to ask their questions right from the education experts, counselors and admission advisors and get the answers they were looking for, not to mention the concerns regarding tuition fees, hostel and mess, safety of students, validity of MD degree in India, medium of English, etc.
Participants were convinced to know that MD Program of Bridgetown International University and other participating universities is recognized in India and countries across Asia, the Caribbean, and worldwide. They were also apprised that the medium of instruction is English, and the University provides fully managed and safe hostel and mess facilities at an affordable price. Interested candidates were also informed about the benefits of MD in Barbados at Bridgetown International University including:
- Donation-free, simple admission process;
- Availability of modern laboratories;
- Opportunity to pursue research in medicine;
- Teaching by competent and qualified faculty;
- Participation in community welfare;
- Medical Outreach Programs;
- International Clinical Experiences;
- Health & safety arrangements;
- Visa & Financial assistance;
- Modern equipments of education;
- Caribbean lifestyle & recreational facilities;
- Holistic personality development; and
- Opportunities for the global practice of medicine.
Students were also made familiar with the MD Program offered by the participating universities is are based on US medical curriculum and strictly designed as per the requirements of United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), a mandatory licensing examination required to be qualified to get a license to practice medicine in the United States.
On the occasion, on-spot application facility for admission to the MD Program was also provided. Students carrying their documents were allotted dedicated admission advisors for the review of documents and verification of eligibility. Instant applications were filed for eligible candidates for admission to study medicine in Barbados and Guyana.
The seminar was much needed, given the situation that lacs of students qualified National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) —a mandatory entrance examination for Indian Students to get admission in recognized medical universities in India or abroad— in 2018 attempt while only about 65,000 medical seats are available in India. Resultantly, lacs of aspiring doctors in India are not able to get admission in a medical university in India, some due to a low score, some due to exorbitant tuition and accommodation charges, among other reasons.
With affordable fees structure, international recognition and simple admission process without any entrance examination, Bridgetown International University and other well-recognized universities in the Caribbean like Lincoln American University, Victoria University of Barbados present an exciting opportunity for medical aspirants in India to live their medical dreams, go abroad to study medicine and become a doctor they envision.
“Providing affordable and quality medical programs to aspiring doctors with hands-on experience in all medical settings and produce competent health professionals” is the fundamental goal of Bridgetown International University. By participating in and arranging seminars and programs that make students aware of the affordable medical programs, Bridgetown International University aspires to give students new hope, provide them a platform to pursue their dream medical career, and hold their hands throughout their journey of becoming a doctor.